18.104.22.168.1. What is Entity?
Entity on ONEWEB platform refers to a group of business attributes that can be represented as a single unit. For e.g. Customer, Order, Product, Tax Invoice etc. The first step to create any smart form on ONEWEB platform is to create and define an Entity. You have to carefully define the scope of the business entity before starting your smart form configurations. In most business scenarios the entity in ONEWEB can be directly equated with the entity as per the use case diagrams or ER diagrams.
Some of the key points users should know about ONEWEB Entity are:
- App Designer is a Smart Form builder on ONEWEB where user can create Entities.
- A Smart Form on ONEWEB can consist of a single Entity or a group of Entities linked together and this depends on your Smart Form design and complexity.
- Entities can be linked together easily on ONEWEB Platform using Parent- child configuration and Pop-up configuration.
- Entities can be integrated with back end business process designed on Process Designer using process buttons configurations.
- Entities can be easily imported and exported as a portable json file on ONEWEB platform.
- Entities can be cloned and thereby can significantly reduce time to build similar smart forms.
- Entities can be saved as a new Version to keep upgrading and revising features/additional fields inside your smart forms.
- Users can also search for any existing Entity/Entities on App Designer by clicking on search icon.
- App Designer provides easy Search Screen and Add/Edit Screen previews to review the UI generated from your entity.
- App Designer provides users with the ability to view console for real time server logs to identify errors in configuration.